Sunday, December 21, 2008

Santa must be our neighbor because...

it's cold enough here to be the "NORTH POLE"!!!!!!!!

Tonight it's a low of -12 with 30 mph winds. Tomorrow it's going to be pretty cold again on the route. Add into that the over 1 foot of snow we have on the ground that is now blowing around in the wind.....yuck. Tis the season I guess.

I'm having a terrible time trying to come up with some Christmas spirit...any Christmas spirit to be exact. Normally, I am the one brimming with ideas and plans for the season. As far as I can tell.....my body and mind think it is July. Or at least it must be longing for July...the cold is really zapping me this year for some strange reason. I guess it's mostly because it was warm for so long and now it's instant cold. No getting used to it.

We finally went and got our Christmas tree yesterday, in between snow storms. There was a window for about 45 minutes that it had slowed down snowing for a minute and I was finally home from delivering mail...we took the chance and ran over and picked out a tree and brought it home. I had every intention of getting just a small tree this year. Something simple...right..... I think this might be the biggest tree we have had in years. It's beautiful, no doubt about it, but boy is it BIG! Tomorrow we finish decorating it. Today was too filled with other things.

I sure have dropped the ball the last couple of weeks as far as Christmas. Of course it could be that we are 6 people short at work right now and I am delivering my route and about 1/2 of two others many days. It is mind numbing work in the cold. I am worn out. Then the guilt sets in because I am letting my family down by not being more "Christmas-ee". Pressure. Just what I need more of. Oh well, Christmas will happen whether I am ready or feeling holly jolly or not.

Well, 25 dozen cookies were baked today and some of the gift bags handed out, the tree is slightly decorated, the house is partially cleaned, the menu for the open house barely planned, the presents are naked (not wrapped) and I am running low on energy, so I'm heading to bed. Tomorrow's another day, and frankly Scarlett, I'm glad. I need another day to catch up to myself.

If I don't get the chance to post between now and then...... I pray that you ALL have a blessed Christmas this year and that Christ will be alive in your hearts and lives throughout 2009. Merry Happy Christmas....God Bless us everyone.

dea

No comments: