Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I can see it in his eyes......

Well actually, I have not seen that stupid ground hog's eyes, BUT if I did, I'm sure there would be "fear" in them. I know he must be feeling the pressure. I know he must be afraid of me or at least a little worried. You ask how I know this???? Easy, it's getting warmer. Today in the 30's and for the rest of the week the 40's. Now don't you think for a minute that this gets him off the hook, because I have that little rodent's number. If he does not come through in the next 2 weeks.... out comes the stew pot!

I was out training another carrier yesterday, riding around in that great big tin can in the cold...WOW. Let me just say that it was cold. My feet were numb and I was still cold at 2:00 this morning as I lay in bed shivering. Why didn't I cuddle up to my hubby you ask? Because I love him, I answer. He was sleeping so soundly I did not want to wake him up with my shivering and shaking. So I let him sleep and suffered in silence. I will be so glad to see spring.

I am most looking forward to getting out and sitting on the ground running my fingers through the sun warmed earth, letting the dirt sift through my fingers and pulling out weeds and planting new seeds and plants. There is something very calming and satisfying about the whole process. I really feel like I am accomplishing something in those times.

Jake woke us up yesterday morning with the news that his music concert was last night. Nothing like a little advanced warning. He did a great job last night and so did his girlfriend. I'm proud of them both. Then we went to McD's for icecream as is the custom. The kids ordered cones and boy did that woman know how to make them. I bet they were each 10" tall (the cones) when she was done. You sure got your money's worth.

Here's a joke. Olie and Leana were riding home from a party where they had over indulged just a little. Their beers were too good to throw away, so they took them with and were drinking them on the way home. They were driving a little strangly still laughing and having a good time, when they noticed flashing blue lights in their rear view mirror.
Olie says (read this part with an accent)"OH shoot Leana it's the cops and we have already been in trouble for driving while we was drinking the beer. Hurry now and take the label off of your beer and stick it to your forehead".
"Ok Olie, but I don't understand why we are sticking these here labels to our foreheads".
"You'll see" was the reply.
The officer walked up to the car and asked "Olie, what are you doing now? I just pulled you over last week for drinking while you were driving. Are you drinking now?"
Olie replied with an earnest plea in his voice "OH NO officer" and then pulling up the hair on his forehead to expose the label said "we would'nt drink WER'E ON THE PATCH"!!!

Ok so much for my humor. Hope you have a great day!
dea

No comments: