Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Something Good.

Deanna's been out of town since Sunday but should be home sometime this morning. I'm really looking forward to that. I miss being spoiled rotten. The kids have done their best but it's just not the quality spoiling I'm used to. I will say I was especially blessed by Jessalyn who voluntarily made my lunches for me everyday and made sure the coffee maker was ready for me every night (so in the morning all I would have to do is turn it on). I think she's starting to understand that Love isn't just a feeling, it's what you do. I certainly felt like my daughter loves her father! God has truly blessed me with a wonderful family.

God has also blessed me with a wonderful country to live in. That said, we all know that it is having some, er...ahem....issues right now. I tend to be a spoilsport. If everyone is ecstatic with a new president I'm the wet blanket that says...lets just see what he does first. The same with those people who are unhappy with their new president. I will try to instill some hope. "let's see what he does first"...
I've been through a more than a couple administration changes. I will admit I didn't completely trust George W. Bush when he first took office. Now I will openly, honestly, tell you that he was everything his father should have been. I think he was a great president who was doing a great (not perfect) job until the democrats took control of congress. It was all down hill from there.

Why am I saying this? No other president has caused me such distress in such a short time of his taking office as the one we have now!

Even though we were fighting a war on two fronts our economy (and the worlds) was holding out just fine until a democratic congress began undermining everything. That's typical. Even more typical is for a new democratic president to take office and start blaming the previous administration for all of it's problems. I can take all of that in stride; but...

This current administration in an amazingly brief period of time has made significant progress in laying the foundation for destruction of this great country. Specifically the "great" part. We've managed to insult the allies that have stood by us and antagonize serious threats that have been lying dormant; all while undermining the very foundations of this country.

The amount of damage caused by an administration in such a short time is staggering. Except by the grace of God it may take generations to correct it. When I made a light comment about political mistakes of this and the previous administration a woman I work with laughed and suggested we should give him (Obama) a chance. I laughed then, but two days later I'm not laughing. The last two days I've been adding up all the things this administration has been able to do in just two months. My answer to that woman right now is a resounding "No!". We can't afford to "give him a chance". Not anymore than I would let a man take my children for a walk while he's holding a grenade. I don't care what his intentions are. In a very short time I have taken his measure (and that of this current congress) and found him to be one of the most dangerous threats this country has ever faced.

Seriously.

I'm not alone in this feeling and that gives me hope. There is a new website called: http://www.the912project.com/ I haven't checked out the whole site yet so I won't give my entire endorsement yet, (I'm cautious that way) but if you go there, specifically check out the buttons at the top of the home page. The one that says "9 principals" and the one that says "12 values". Those I endorse!

Seriously.

Lastly, I was sent the following by my wonderful cousin Greta. I have seen it before but it certainly needs to be sent around now. Copy and paste this. Send it to every American you know. We need to be reminded of this now. The same goes for the 9 principals and the 12 values. Anyway:

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."~~~~ Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931

God Bless America. It's not a slogan, it's a prayer
Will H. Donaldson

No comments: