Saturday, March 28, 2009

Where there's my "Will"....

Where my Will is there is a way. He went up and got our permit the other day for getting wood out of the State forest. He then went and picked up a load of wood. I'm so proud of him. He's a good guy. You gotta love him.

Today after we go to the dump, we're going to go and get another load. We will only be a few miles away from there while at the dump, so we're gonna combine the two. Both kids will come and the dog too. Jessa can walk with the dog, and Will, Jake and I will pick up wood.

Right now I'm cleaning the fridge. I try to every dump day (quick way to get rid of leftovers). Not my favorite task, but hey somebody's gotta do it. Jessalyn likes doing it, so maybe I can talk her into doing it. I can hope can't I?

When we get home, I have hopes of starting to work on Jessa's room. She is due for an overhaul. We are adding shelving in her closet and then painting. She has new curtains etc ready. It was Jake's room, so it's set up for a boy and we all know that girls need different stuff.

Jake also gets his room painted as soon as we can agree on colors. I think he would have every dark color in there if he could. He wants black walls. I compromised and he can have one maybe two walls black, but not the whole room. He will turn into a bat or something. He's really into Japanese art and dragons, so I'm thinking I'll get some patterns and trace them onto the wall and then he and his buddy Luke (another artist) can paint them. Nothing like allowing him his creativity). I just cannot deal with 4 black walls. Too sinister or something. We can figure it out though.

I cannot wait for spring. We got our first rain storm the other day and it washed all the crud away. It's surprising how dirty everything gets while under all of that white snow. Who would think it could. Now it's time for clean up. It's still cold, so I'm raking in short spells and then we will pick up all the piles on one day. That's what the kids and I do. I rake, they pick up and wheel it away in a wheel barrow.

I started a list and so far have over 25 jobs that can be done with supplies that we already have. Now if we can just find the energy to do it. This having weekends off really, really is great. I love it.

Have a great day. By the way for those that read the recipe that I put on Dea's corner (link at the right), I missed an ingredient, so I added it this morning. Check it out.
dea

No comments: