Thursday, March 05, 2009

She's BACK!!!!!!!

Well, the shoulder has pulled through and I am back on my route starting today. The reasoning from the therapist was that the only way to see if my shoulder would stand up to the strain of the route, was to do the route. I'm so excited. It has been a difficult but very informative couple of months. The doctor actually said that I had made better recovery time than most do with this injury. How do people get through it? Talk about frustrating. I'm not back to 100%, but at least I can lift my arm over my head now for the first time in 8 weeks. Now I just need to be careful and keep working on the muscles and regaining their strength.

Will and I are running to LaCrosse this afternoon. It's our semi-annual trip. We just don't find the time to do this kind of thing until we have no option but to head over for something. I will of course want to do "lunch" somewhere and then we can run our errands and do our small amount of shopping. He will be in full "manly mode" because we are starting to consider what we will do in the car department if I switch mail routes. It's a big decision. The last car we bought was his truck about 5 years ago. We have had my lumina for almost 8 years. Now we have to figure out a new system. I would buy another Lumina since it is perfect for the route, but they do not make them anymore. So, we are checking out what they do make. It has to have an "on the column" shifter and room for packages. Not a long list of cars like that anymore. We'll see. I'm sure Will is going to enjoy the "looking".

Still working on getting ready for a new appraisal next week. We have not had the house appraised for years, and I'm a little nervous. It's not that I think it's not worth what we are looking for in numbers, it's just that we had hopes of finishing a few more things before we took this step, but in order to take advantage of lower interest rates right now, we have to go ahead and get it appraised early. Man, I wish we had more done though, but the weather and finances have not been helpful. God will provide though and I am trusting him for answers.

Well, time to get the kids off to school. Have a great day!
dea

No comments: