Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving...

...To all of our friends, both in the United States and out! Thanksgiving is for everyone after all.

Learning to be Thankful for how much or how little you have is one of the key steps to Joy. It's a step I have been missing a lot lately. I have it in my head that "yes I have a lot to be thankful for but I have so many things to worry about too..."

Nothing like a "but" to mess things up. Instead of worrying, I pray more. Don't get me wrong, I still have issues with this; but I have a direction to go in. So, today especially, Thanksgiving is Special.

In this Global Climate it's something we all really need to focus on. In the news just this morning the headlines only hold horrific, terrible and painful news about terrorists attacks, personal murders, rape and even worse. If this economic downturn is the worst you have facing you; you have a lot to be thankful for. If any of the above is currently affecting your life -I can't imagine and I won't pretend to know what you are going through- but I know that God Is Still In Control. I know That Jesus Is Alive and Lives in me. If He lives in you then you always have something to be thankful for. If you are like me, it may take a while to get to that place of thankfulness and peace. When you do, Jesus is waiting for you. That alone is something to be thankful for.

Today I am most thankful for my ability to pray. To be able to give my worries/fears to someone else to take care of. To know that there is someone I can trust who has never failed me; even though I have failed Him so many times.
Because God has allowed us to have a REAL Relationship with Him, He comforts me in my distress. Life isn't always the way I want it. I, just like you, sometimes have a hard road to walk. It's just a lot nicer to walk it when you're holding the hand of God.

Today, take your eyes off of the road your on and instead, look where you are going: God.

Okay, lastly some updates for the blog. My wife and I have started using this as our "homepage". Feel free to do the same! In that effort I have been adding links that we use a lot. If you check out the "Interesting things to 'click on' " section you will find some new links. First, at the bottom are a couple of Bible websites that include different versions/dictionaries/commentaries that you can cross-reference online.

Next you will find a new link entitled Living Stones International. It's actually called the Living Stones Fellowship International website. I just didn't have the space, so I dropped "fellowship" from the link.

This site is different from the Living Stones Fellowship link. That is the parent church for this entirely new effort.
If you are looking to learn, we will be adding devotionals as well as study courses. Some of which may even be available for college credit, check the site for more info. If instead you are looking to teach, there is a section for adding your own courses. In fact, if you are a wannabe or even a successful writer, they offer publishing services as well. Whether it's textbook stuff or Christian Fiction, they're interested in helping you. In fact, here is their whole purpose:

To build-up God's spiritual house by evangelizing, engrafting, equipping, and enabling small-town Christians, ministers, and churches to offer spiritual sacrifices to God through Jesus Christ.To touch 100,000 people before Jesus comes.

So, check it out and let me know what you think. The site is brand new and as a work in progress, a lot of things aren't quite working right yet. Keep checking back. If you have concerns or suggestions about the site, please let me know and I will pass it on. Thanks!

Well, once again, my post is too long! Praise God and pass the gravy!
May the Lord Bless You and Keep You and Give You Peace! And Joy!
Amen!
Will

No comments: