Monday, November 03, 2008

Usually I love daylight savings time, but...

I always love that day when the clocks fall back and I can get another hours sleep before I need to get ready for church. Yesterday morning started out with me laying in the bed (I went back to sleep after Will left for work). I was just laying there saying thank you to God for "blankets". Have you ever thought about blankets? They are wonderful. I just love laying there being all warm and cozy. Blankets are wonderful until that moment comes when you just cannot lie still any longer. As I get older that moment comes earlier and earlier. This morning it came at 3:30 am. Oh joy.

This morning I made the mistake of thinking about something that I needed to get done today and then my mind went to finances, which are tight right now. Oh great....now there's no going back to sleep. I look over and would love to wake up my hubby and talk to him, so it's time to get out of the bed. I know he's exhausted from working all weekend, so on Mondays I let him sleep in.


Although, no matter what I do unless I really try to wake him up, he won't. I have no idea how he can sleep so hard. Any little noise wakes me up. Any time anything happens, I feel like Gladys Cravitz on Bewitched..."Abner wake up and go out and check on the neighbors".

We had a benefit yesterday for a little girl that lives here in the community who has terrible health problems. It sure makes you appreciate your kids (or at least it should). Then when we came home I spent the rest of the afternoon with Jessa. Jake was at a friend's house and actually came home early. I still wonder what he did. He is forever getting home late. We were surprised.

I read an article the other day that really put things in perspective. The lady was griping because her family was so busy and she had to really work to have them all sit down at a meal together. She had tried to do it one night a week for all of their lives, which due to scheduling was really hard. Then she realized that her girls were growing up and she sat down and figured it out that if she had dinner with them one night a week until they graduated, she only had 104 family night dinners with them left. She went into it with a different attitude and then after it was over said "Only 103 left". Sure puts a different spin on things.

I have resolved to simplify my life. I started deep cleaning last year and each time I can, I still do. I am trying to get things working smoothly and remove clutter from our lives. Not easy when we are all busy and have so much "stuff". I have our stuff, dead people's stuff from my ancestors, Cranfest paperwork, etc and that's just the family stuff. That does not include Will's stuff, Jake's HUGE amount of stuff (he's a collector) and Jessa's stuff. It's hard, but we are working on it. I know that we will never be one of those families that live in a house that has no clutter on shelves, tables, or counter tops, but I'm trying to find a place for everything and sometimes it even works.

Have a great day.
dea

No comments: