Saturday, November 22, 2008

Space the final frontier..

(I started this entry on Saturday then got busy)

I went outside on a potty run with the dog and happened to notice how beautiful the sky is tonight. Those of you living in warm weather climates might have a hard time identifying with this, but on cold clear nights, the sky is "special". Will says it's because of the haze caused by heat or some such thing (truthfully it didn't sound romantic, so I kind of didn't listen to the whole explanation). I think it's just because of the air temperature and quality.



When you go out and look at the night sky on cold nights, it's so clear and HUGE! You really "can" see forever. The stars seem endless and really close, but yet there are so many. You can really feel the whole "magnitude" of God's work and the grandeur of it. How glorious. If I didn't get so cold, I could stand out there for a long time.

I took a nap after my mail route today and my feet never did get warm. It was windy and that saps all the heat right out of my body. I told Will that one of the first things that I am working towards is a hot tub. I can just sit in it and get warm. Heaven. For some reason, I am not adjusting to the cold this year. I think it's that there was no gradual getting colder. One day it's 75 and the next it's 30. I'm sure I'll be used to it by March.

I have to keep positive about it, I know the weather will be better by the middle of April, so I have 5 months left of cold. Most of the time I "remember" why living here the rest of the year is worth the cold....most of the time. I don't think right now is included in "most". I could very easily be a snow bird.

Well, 3 days left of work before Thanksgiving. We are going to my sister's house which means I will hardly cook at all. That will really feel strange.
I'm still sorting and cleaning, although I am starting to feel effective in it, so something must be going right.

NOTE: As far as the stupid stuff the other day....nothing at work, but at home I burned the bacon and left the water running into the sink until it overflowed big time.....My tire also died, so today I go and get a new one.

HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!! (I need another weekend to recover from my weekend).
dea

No comments: