Thursday, November 13, 2008

UPDATE! NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!

After much prayer on everyone's part God came through once again.....the diamond is found.

Monday after I had discovered it missing I had searched the whole post office, swept most of the floor looking through the dirt pile, looked over the bathroom and gone through all of my mail tubs (I took each one and turned it over and banged it on the counter to make sure it was empty).
Then I went home and spent Tuesday on my hands and knees going over our floors with a broom I had taken the handle off of and swept each surface carefully looking. I then took all of the piles of dirt and put them in a plastic dish pan and swirled the contents like a gold miner would, seperating the dirt from the hard stuff. No diamond.

Through it all I tried to remain calm and tried my best to find things to be thankful for in the situation. After all God says to be thankful in all things and to praise him in every situation. So I tried to do that. It was not easy, but I did find it easier to be less stressed as I was reminding myself that it was just a rock, just a thing. I have a WONDERFUL hubby, 2 loving children, animals that follow me wherever I go, a great family, loving church, food on the table, a house that needs work, but is still ours (and the banks). Things can be replaced. I got a little perspective.

Went to work on Wednesday and was telling people my new perspective. I was actually talking to someone about it when I picked up one of my mail tubs. This was one of the same tubs that I had banged upside down on the counter on Monday and now I pick it up, set it down on the counter top and my diamond flies up in the air about 6 inches and then falls back into the bottom of the tub (plastic dishpan).

Now you tell me what I'm supposed to think about this one.......hold the tub upside down, bang it on the counter and no diamond. Pick up a tub while telling someone that God has it in control and the diamond jumps into the air and catches the light.
Pretty awesome.
I'm still thanking him.

Now let me tell you this...if he can help me in this situation with a little diamond, don't you think we should allow him to handle the bigger stuff too?

Maybe by a problem being too big for us to handle we end up limiting God by thinking it's too big for Him, just because we can't imagine an answer. After this episode, I'm going through all of my problems and rethinking my position. I'm trying to make sure that I have my mind right. Maybe you should too. Nothings too big or too little for God.

Have a great day and remember to give God your diamonds.
dea

No comments: