Saturday, November 08, 2008

Record a little and laugh alot

We spent 4 1/2 hours in the recording studio this afternoon. It was a blast. A little strange recording with a group, but funny. I've recorded 2 demo tapes before, so I've had the experience of recording by myself. When you are alone you just have your own goof ups to deal with, but with the group there were four other people goofing up too. Not to mention that we managed to forget the words on songs that we have known for years. We'd be going fine and then one of us would screw up. Some times you just had to laugh.

We are going to do some really neat mixing with this CD so we'll see how that turns out. We hope that it will sound like we imagine it. We go and check out the mixing on Thursday. Will with his background in radio and sound is our producer and is working right along with the studio. It's probably better that he does it because if I had my way, we would just turn me down and let everyone else sing. I like being the background support voice.

We had almost 80' weather until Wednesday and then it turned cold. Now it has been snowing for 2 days. Yuck.

I spent Thursday afternoon and Friday morning at a tourism conference in Wisconsin Dells. We had a great time, got lots of planning done and learned bunches. I am looking foward to the Governor's Conference on Tourism in March. Lots of exciting stuff happening in tourism in Wisconsin.

The kids went to a lock in at a neighboring church last night. Jacob took Skylar and Jessa had her cousin too. None of them slept at all. This morning, I had kids crashing all over. All except Jake. He was so wound up he could not sleep. Now he's pretty tired, but stil fighting it. I think he'll give up soon and go to bed.

Hope you all have a great day.
dea

No comments: