Saturday, January 31, 2009

10:30 pm and I'm awake...

Now for those of you who don't know my schedule, you're probably saying "so?". I get up everyday around 4:30 am, so by 6:30 pm (in the winter) ....I'm toast. I spent the afternoon shopping. It had been over a month since I had really shopped for anything and we were out of everything. One armed shopping and then loading the car is the pitts. Well, I came home and put most of it away. I will admit that I did not finish with the chore. I'll finish in the morning. I just got worn out. So....it was 6:30 and I was trying to stay awake. I managed to stay awake during the third mummy movie (not my favorite of the series) and then finally gave up and headed to bed to read at 8:30. I read for a while and then fell asleep.
10:00 or so in comes Will. He's doing his best to be quiet but I'm a very light sleeper. He bangs through and decides to take a shower. Great...now the running water has given me other "ideas" and he's in the bathroom. Now I'm really awake. As if that isn't enough.....I suddenly get a power surge (hot flash). Great, now I'm laying awake, wide awake and now I feel like my head is going to burn off. I give up...I decide to read more, that doesn't work because although I cannot sleep, I'm still too tired to read.

Will, bless his heart comes out and says, "did I wake you"? I know he didn't mean to, but at that point after all of this, I'm ready to throw a pillow at him. I calmly get up and come out to the living room, only to hear thump, oh, whine, whine. Great now what happened?

Will has hit his funny bone and it's not funny. But if I'm honest there was a teeny, tiny (did I mention tiny) part of me that says...Ha! Now neither of us is sleeping. Sorry Honey, now I have guilt (only a teeny, tiny bit of guilt).
He's sleeping and I'm awake and now the dog gave up and went back in to bed. The cat is sticking with me though.....us women have to stick together. Have a great Sunday.
dea

No comments: