Friday, January 09, 2009

Frustrating.....

Do you know how long it takes you to do anything one handed?????? I can do a few things things using my left as long as I don't lift my arm up. I can bend at the elbow and do stuff, but what a pain! Dishes take 3 times as long. Typing I now can do sitting on a higher chair so that it does not move the shoulder just the elbow. Getting dressed is ridiculous. This is crazy. You really have to be creative to get things done.

Then there is work.....I'm on limited duty, no moving the arm. ok fine. Now what do I do? I pick up stuff and put it away, but there is only so much of that to do each day. I have to do HOURS worth. I need to do something... this is a bad situation in the first place. I did not get hurt on purpose and they didn't want me to get hurt. All of that aside, if I'm getting paid, I want to be working. It would not be fair to them for me to just sit there and them pay me. So I cleaned the women's bathroom...oh great, now I'm a Mom at work too. Today, I'll clean it again and probably dust. That should be fun. I think I can wipe down counters all over too. I prayerfully will only be doing this until next Tuesday. Then I am praying that the arm will be better enough that I can get back onto my route.

This not being able to do things is hard. I have a new appreciation for people that get injured and have to deal with a disability for the rest of their lives. I'm praying that my shoulder will be better and NO SURGERY. I need to get back to my life.

Will just came in to kiss me goodbye and we had to perform our new ritual. It cracks me up. The static electricty in the house is really bad. Actually it is all over due to dryness caused by furnaces. So if you are not careful when you touch someone you get an electrical shock. It's really bad when you kiss someone without touching them first...ELECTRICAL SHOCK ON THE LIPS (and it's not the fun, feel good, hearing bells kind of shock). So now when Will and I go to kiss before we do we pat each other down to make sure we won't shock each other. We look like we are patting each other for weapons. It's funny. We end up laughing each time. What a hoot.

Well, time to get busy on my one handed dishes....
Silver lining: I am appreciating more and more being able to do the everyday stuff quickly. Maybe it will not be such a chore now.(Well,at least for a while).

Have a great day.
dea

No comments: