Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yesterday...

Well, I went to physical therapy. My new therapist is a very nice guy who really paid attention to what was going on in my shoulder. My appointment was supposed to last and hour, but it ended up being almost 1 hour and 40 minutes. You know it's kind of depressing when a person walks into the room and can tell that you are hurt just by the way you are sitting and then there are the hmmmms. He did that stuff that doctors do on tv:

Touch one portion of your shoulder...hmm. Touch another place...hmm. Touch another place....ahhhh....

He said that you could feel my injury. Now that, I never would have expected. From what he could tell when I moved wrong it popped the joint just enough to over extend all the muscles around my shoulder, causing bleeding inside the joint, causing swelling inside the joint, causing the joint to not work right, the muscles to stiffen up in cramps and the nerves to be under pressure because of swelling. I thought it hurt before, now that I know what it is, it doesn't hurt more, but it sure helps me understand why there was no "exact" place that hurt.

So I get to do therapy for a couple of weeks. Yesterday I got to get electrocuted. That was interesting. He hooked me up to one of those brain wave things on my shoulder and cranked up the juice. Felt kind of good in some places and felt not good in others. Nothing painful, just tingling. The funny thing is that after that for a couple of hours if I moved my arm just right the muscles in it would jump. There were all these little jumps like when you have a muscle tick in your eye, except it happened all over my shoulder. Weird.

Prognosis: I should be at about 90% in a couple of weeks. I can deal with that. He said it's slow going, but unless I do not respond right to therapy, no surgery. Good deal.

Busy day today. Work, home for paperwork, pick up Jessa and her cousin at 4:45 and then church at 7:00. Wednesdays are always busy.

Still dealing with LP gas company. Since I check my tank regularly (about every week or two) I can estimate about how much gas was lost due to the leak. Between 100 gallons and 125 gallons. Not good. We are still trying to come up with a credit figure after all, it's not our fault the tank leaked and we shouldn't have to pay for the gas that leaked out of a tank that they own and we just rent. We'll see what happens there. Could be interesting.

Time to get busy with the kids and get them off to school. They stayed up late for the last 2 nights, so they are not in the mood to get moving. I think I need to hook them up to that electrocuter from yesterday. That would get them moving.

Have a great day.
dea

No comments: