Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What is it with this old stuff?

Once again, someone was giving me a hard time about being old. Of course this one wasn't so bad since it was my father and we know who was the first one on the scene. Still he should be happy, I dye my hair so that he doesn't have a gray haired daughter.

I have been tortured lately with "seed catalogs". I'm not sure if they send them out to remind us that spring is coming and to give us hope, or if they send them out as a reminder that it's cold and to make our cabin fever worse. Some of the pictures on them make me really long for spring. Then I look outside at all of the snow on the ground and start counting the days again.

My hubby hooked up the computer in our room yesterday and did all of the uploads again. Another thing done on the "January goals list". I'm excited. Now onto the next thing, sorting all of the stuff that goes into it and placing the rest either in storage or sending it through the shredder. Then on to February's goals... which include painting both kids rooms and working on the living room remodel. New carpet and new sofa means new curtains the old ones really, really clashed. The hubby projects (although I haven't really mentioned them to him, sorry Boss) laying the carpet in the family bathroom and sorting tools and building materials. Not huge jobs, but they take planning. I would like to have everything ready and waiting when we start a project. No hunting and searching for supplies or tools. Now that is a concept!!!!! Of course the kids and I will need to help with that one because it's a huge job, but I think we can handle it.

I've been working on my list of jobs to do on the house and yard. Forget the jar for the honey do list. I don't have a big enough jar, but I do have a clipboard to put the list on and a pencil to attach to it. I'm gonna organize it by job, with a list of what materials are needed and where they are located, as we sort. It sounds like a really good plan, but this is me we are talking about here, so you never know what will happen. I'll probably loose the list.

Well, time to take the kids out to the bus. I know because the dog is staring at me telling me it's time. Then when we get outside he listens for the bus. We taught him that when the bus is here, he is supposed to sit down next to us and wait while the kids get on the bus and then he can get up when the bus drives away. We didn't want him to run out and get hit. So.... now as soon as he hears the bus, he just sits down, no matter where he is. We can tell when the bus is coming that way, because the dog is just sitting staring into the distance towards the south. It's really funny. He looks like the old sheep dog on the coyote and sheep cartoons from years ago, sitting by himself and staring out at his kingdom.

Hey Will just took the kids out...what a guy! I can keep working in here while he freezes. I'll probably pay for it for a while though, those strings attached you know. He'll expect a hot cup of coffee when he gets back in and probably breakfast, but I'd do that for him anyway, so it works.

Have a great day!
dea

No comments: