Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The ice strikes again, but I'm not giving up!

Got to work the yesterday feeling fine. A little bummed because of the ice, but ok we'll deal with it. I went out to clean off my jeep, which is much taller than me. Reached up to scrape ice off above my head.....hurt my shoulder. I felt something snap. I told my co-worker Kim, ok I won't do that again, that hurt. I switched arms. I thought it was one of those moments where you move wrong and your joint snaps and hurts, but then it's fine. It ached during the day, but since I didn't lift it above my head again, I didn't worry about it.
Got home and was dealing with some Cranfest paperwork, again not lifting it over my head. Went to bed and could not sleep because of the pain. Nothing touched the pain, ibuprofen, tylenol, bengay, nothing. great....no sleep. Finally fell asleep and had crazy dreams about my arms hurting as I hung off cliffs etc.
Got up and although it still ached, it was better. I thought ok, it's rested a little, it will be fine. Went to work after messing around. The whole morning did not lift my arm above shoulder height. Got to work, sorted mail and then tried to put some of the mail in a slot over my head.....oh my....wrong thing to do. Tried again. Still wrong. Told my boss, I have to go to the Dr.

Mom drove me.....damaged rotator cuff. I cannot use it for at least a week. What a bummer. I am a terrible patient and DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS!!!!!! I have to use a sling, because I keep forgetting and then I use it. Just what I need. Anyone ever tried to type on a blog with one hand? Let me tell you it ain't easy.

Hope you all think of me as you tie your shoes or even put your shoes on. This is a pain in the butticus.....

How depressing...
Have a great day!
dea

No comments: