Friday, January 23, 2009

Do you smell smoke?

I got a wild hair yesterday to try something new........are you ready?

I FILED OUR TAXES ONLINE!!!!!

Are you impressed? I am. At one point in the middle I threw all the papers up in the air and said forget this....I'm an idiot. I did some laundry and then walked around pondering my dilema and praying. Suddenly......it came to me. I had everything I needed right there in the form of the last 5 years of tax papers. I used them as a cheat sheet and proceeded on in my quest.

You ask why? Well, we have this wonderful tax lady and she's very easy to work with, but because she's easy to work with, lots of people work with her. With my schedule like it is right now with medical etc., I could not find a time in the next month to deal with all of it and there were receipts etc all over the house spread out as I figured out totals. I keep everything and I mean everything. You never know when you will need a receipt etc., so I keep a paper trail. Habit from my days in banking and the medical offices. So in order to finally pack up the clutter and try to get on with this new year. I did it myself.

Hoo boy. I can see where filing easy form would be a cinch. Zip and you're done. I filed long form with deductions. Now there are probably many people that have done that for years and I aplaud them because it will wear out your brain. I'm sure mine was on fire at one point.

Prayerfully, they will both be fine and not be rejected and then I will be on my way to obtaining one goal for 2009....organize my paperwork by the end of January and set up "MY" new desk.

With 2 kids and 2 parents that are all very active on computers, we have 3 computers in our house. Two of them are on this desk and one other is in the bedroom on another desk. I have decided to take over the bedroom desk as my desk. I can keep bills etc there and not have to put everything away each and every time. I can also leave something some where and hopefully it will still be there when I return. Right now, I set something down and it moves when someone else needs the computer. Somewhere to keep the incoming mail and my paperwork "to do file" sounds like heaven right now.

So Will is at work this weekend. Jessa is off to a cousin's house and the movies. The guys are coming to visit Jake, so I'll have people to help me move the heavy boxes as I sort out stuff for the desk and put away this last years receipts etc. I plan on finishing the paperwork mess that moving the desk contents and filing cabinets etc has created. I have a plan. I have a mission.....I have a bum arm and no energy....BUT I will prevail. It's either that or we move to another house and just leave everything here just as it is. Since I don't think that that is on the menu, I'm gonna succeed. I have to finish with January's goals because here comes February and it has it's own goals.

You only get one shot at this life and I plan on living as much as I can!

Organization seems to be the key both at home, work, church and Cranfest.

Have a great day!
dea

No comments: