Sunday, January 04, 2009

Help I've fallen and I can't get up!!

We had an ice storm here last night. Everyone is safe, but the roads and the deep snow are now covered in a 1 inch thick ice crust. We still have power etc. Time to just hunker down and let the road crews work. Later, I will take out ashes and put them down on the ice in the driveway etc. It works better than salt on glare ice.

The reason for the title is that my poor, poor dog ran out into the field to potty and fell through. He had to slip slide to get out there in the first place and he finally reached his goal and crash he went through. It sounded like a building had fallen. I was checking out the roads so I wasn't looking at him. When I turned around there he stood belly/shoulder deep in the snow looking at me like "What do I do now?". I had to go over and help him get up on top of the crust again. Then he slipped and slid his way back in to the house over the snow and the very slick driveway. When we got to the door, he shook his whole body off and sighed as if to say "That was an adventure". It must have been he came in and played with Will for a minute and when Will said "That's enough, go to bed" - he did.

I'm just glad it happened today and not tomorrow when Will and I both have to go back to work. Now at least there is time to get it all salted and sanded.

We called off church today. You cannot have it when everyone is in seperate ditches.

Have a great day!
dea

No comments: